Guess what? Sonic sucks.
That's right people, Sonic sucks. No, not the Hedgehog, the "drive-in" that in my opinion is the most overrated place to eat OF ALL TIME.
People geek the hell out over this place, and I have never gotten it. The food is nasty, a mishmash of gimmicky items thrown together in a whirl of stomach-bothering nastiness.
When I lived in Montana, they didn't have one for the first 4-5 years I lived there. However, all the Airmen that I knew (who all came from other places) always reflected on what they thought was fast food dining perfection. Stories of "secret menus" that involved sexual acts and wacky combinations was one silly thing that seemed to be a recurring theme among the people I knew.
"Yeah back at MY SONIC, I'd order the "special" and some hot chick would come out with my burger and give me a blowie...y'know...cause what chick wouldn't want to?"
Another time, a guy I worked with (from Montana) had never eaten there but had certainly eaten the hype. They had broken ground on a Sonic right there in Great Falls, and he was super excited. He told me that someone had told him that even if you ordered something that was not on the menu or something they didn't have, they had to make it.
I asked him two questions:
1. So if I show up and ask for steak and lobster, or a friggin Big Mac, they have to leave to the grocery store or other place and come back in make it?
2. Do you realize how stupid this sounds?
His defense was that someone who had worked at one in the midwest had told him that. Eventually they opened the place up and you couldn't even go there for a couple months...they had a lane of traffic blocked off for a while to deal with the massive amount of people seeking fast food absurdity.
Another time, a chick in MT tried telling me that she would occasionally just drive to Wyoming to get her Sonic fix. (I don't know that there is one there or not)
Don't get me wrong, Great Falls sure did lack in variety when it came to eating out. It was unfortunate that they had to bring in the most overrated place of all time.
Later, they brought in Little Caesars and people would wait TWO HOURS for that shitty $5 pizza. My ex would flip the hell out when i'd tell her that you can seriously buy a grocery store pizza that tastes better. No way I am going to wait two hours and the only choices I have is cheese or pepperoni. What would I say if I was a New Yorker? FUGGADABOUTIT!
Later, I lived in Utah for a very short time and they brought in "In-n-out" and let me tell you...they hyped the SHIT out of that place. Everyone who had eaten it in California and a handful of places raved and raved. They opened and people were waiting three hours for a burger. Before I moved, I finally gave it a try and let me tell you...they hype was real.
Sonic sucks. Little Caesars sucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment