Bumper Stickers, a way to mark your mode of transportation with some shred of unique quirkiness that makes your car stand just a "tit" different than everyone else.
Hell, most of us have some sort of sticker on our ride. People also place them on laptops, bags or anything else that we can think of.
Some are fun, some are catchy and some are just plain tacky. Unfortunately, most of them are overdone. I have a Kansas City Chiefs logo on my back window (it is small). Sports teams, colleges, military affiliation, those things are perfectly fine.
You know what isn't? (In no particular order)
1. "Salt Life". This is the most overdone sticker I have seen in North Carolina. It was blown out two years ago! Usually you see it on some little rednecks' jacked up truck, or on some young girls car. They are everywhere and just terrible.
2. "Family stick figures". Everyone hates these. I have yet to meet anyone who digs them, yet I see those goddamn things everywhere. My favorite of the bunch is when everyone has an assigned gender role...Daddy has a tie and briefcase, mommy has a vacuum, son has a football/basketball, and daughter has pom-poms. I really cannot believe that anyone still buys them.
3. "His combat boots and her flip-flops: a perfect pair!" Gosh, This one is dumb. You usually see it on little cars with chick driving with extra-large sunglasses. I could go on and on, but seriously...do I need to? It is f'n stupid.
4. "Buck and Doe in the shape of a heart". Good God, this one is moronic. Can you actually take any relationship seriously when this is the prop use to describe the love? Stay classy...no wait...this also goes for any random fish, deer, birds, or dog stickers as well.
5. "NObama, you ain't taking my guns, you keep the change...etc". Usually you see these and behind the wheel of this large truck is some bumpkin. Using overblown sayings sure does make these rednecks feel extra creative.
6. (Wilmington NC only) "Eat at Flaming Amys". THESE ARE EVERYWHERE. I bit into the hype, and went with my wife. Let me tell you, it was one of the biggest letdowns of all freakin' time. With a handful of good burrito joints around here, I can't believe that people are so into the joint that they advertise it freely.
Theres many more that I find obnoxious, but I can't think of them at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment